Thursday, July 1, 2010

I have him...now what?!

So my first copy of the glorious new Rose Reiner was sitting on my porch when I got home from work today! EXCITEMENT! The very first thing I did was bring him in, bust open the box, and bust out my prepping supplies.

But there's always a catch, no?

I can't decide what color this beast wants to be yet. He will be a sale piece, my first in a VERY long time, and I want something fitting, but not just generic, as this resin is really wonderful.

My first thoughts were stock horse standards, shades of dun, buckskin, but no. I thought maybe something more traditional, and classy, a light dappled, livery chestnut, lighter m/t, with little or no chrome? I love painting such colors, but is that special enough for this guy? I'm bouncing around some other thoughts, but I still haven't made up my mind. I guess maybe I'll see what he says to me while I continue to scrape, fill, and sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment