Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Still working on it...

There's no update on the sculpture currently, I'm afraid. I haven't had time to touch him in at least a month :( As soon as this big dance show thing is over with, I'll dive back into clay activities. Or so I hope!

The Reiner has been giving me prepping fits. Every time I think I'm done, and set him down to dry a few days, I find something else to fix! It's been a really long time since I've prepped, and I guess I forgot how trying it can be at times. I had everything filled from my last nit-picking session, only to get my darn fingerprint on the fresh primer I had just applied! Dagnabbit!!!

On top of all that, I live in an area that's SERIOUSLY lacking in places that sell art supplies. All I have to pick from locally is Michaels, Jo-Anns, and a very small independent place, that didn't even have precisely what I was looking for. Blick and Dan Smith are an hour ferry ride (not to mention a long up-hill walk, or having to pay to drive on) away. There's a smaller store somewhere in Tacoma, which is about a 40min drive, along with a bridge toll. I would very much like to live elsewhere, anyone have a closet I could sleep in?

But all the griping aside, I am getting a LITTLE closer to having pictures to share, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment